Saturday, February 9, 2008




P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

A real chick-flick-book which is my current read, courtesy of him. He catches me by surprise every now and then, buying me books that I've yet to read. So far he got me: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger + By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho + The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy: And Other Stories by Tim Burton. Of course the oyster boy was my favourite book of all time, short stories filled with wonderful illustrations. A quick good read recommended for an instant graphic perk-me-up. So, the I love you book is now adapted into a movie featuring Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler (the star of 300!) as leads. I can't wait to watch the movie and see how Butler acts as a snag, quite a stark contrast to his previous strong, heroic role as the Spartan King. So i'm expecting a sappy, witty, engaging movie filled with much laughter as there is grief as life revolves around love and death. Should be an endearing movie to catch, I hope.


other news:

In celebration of the Lunar New Year 2008, the company organised a small BBQ gathering for the 'cool invitees' (not inclusive of mgt)...haha...not that they are not cool...Anyway, it was a small affair, which turned out to be quite fun, with my otah-otah contribution to the 'pot-luck' BBQ. A time to be more 'socially-responsible' like how he calls it. I'm happy to say I was socially-responsible today. hehe...


I tried transfering funds online and it was indeed hassle-free. Shall do it more often then.

Read Nadine's blog which is filled with poems and more poems and suddenly I missed the part about composing one.
Let's try to keep solid ink alive with poetry and words...

Today...
I read, laughed and cried
I remembered the part about losing you
The image starts to fade

I feel the warmth of a new beginning
A new lease of life
The image is forming

A new scent
A new life
A new hope

I walk forward.

No comments: